What your subordinates really see and feel while working for you?
While working for one small, but brave client, we occasionally came to develop one very rare tool for TOP bosses. Unlike all our other tools, aimed at broader teams and clusters of employees, this tool is designed for C-Suite level only.
This simulation is created using our popular approach 'feel other side' – but this time it is not about employees living live of their C-managers. It is vice versa. We interview / poll employees about how they see their management and managerial processes in the company and then create simulation, split in episodes, where actual C-Suite has to live through life of his subordinates. Feeling their pains, their misunderstandings, etc.
Such a simulation is a great tool to close the gap of understanding by top management of what is REALLY going on in the team? how business processes actually look like, where gears don't run smooth, what attitude people see and what are their fears. And, if combined with our regular change management simulation, can secure both sides to understand each other. Most probably, worth doing before top management starts preparing tough changes.
So, best combo can be:
- Top management (with our help) plays life of their subordinates to see the real picture as seen from below
- Changes being prepared
- We create simulation for employees to play life of their tops to understand why changes are needed
- Gap is closed, every one participates in changes knowingly
Also, very fact of producing this simulation can soothe attitude toward top management – as employees will feel being really important enough for their opinion to be asked and studied.
Again, it is a rare instrument and we understand few will dare. But we are so excited by results of this one – we are ready to promote it.
Personal experience – path to memorization and empathy
In the core of this product is our basic principle, tested numerously through all the existance of all game-like simulations: living through own in-game experience one remembers 80% more information, than reading or seeing advert.
- At the same time, player is 4-5 times more keen to empathize his character
- Even routine regulations (like safety and security ones) and rules can be effectively taught through engaging game scenario
- Player's behavior can be fixed and tested by setting him in intentionally conflict situations
- 'Detective' style investigation – is almost 100% guaranty that they will be understood
- Through digital simulation you can set up infinite amount of drills for infinite amount of workers for the fraction of cost
So, put them in your shoes
By creating this simulation, you can literally put yourself in your workers' shoes. You will:
- Feel what they feel [of how dificult it is when mnagement does not cooperate or lives in the sky to high above] and how they see what you are doing and where are you driving your business to
- Be able to fingerpoint management mistakes as well (drives engagement and gives ability to get statistics of workers' feelings)
- Come to better understanding where real gap is and what changes are needed or whether new ideas will fit or be understood
- Will pass integrated tests on information handling and understanding
- Will never be the same in some way..
- Pay respect to your people by really making them feel like being important to you.
Approach can be tested in BGC App (click the link if reading from mobile device or use QR code ) under simulations like 'Big Stirr in the Embassy' or 'Blackmail at the Mine'. Overall, though being simple, they demonstrates the process and atmosphere of our products. Naturally, in actual corporate simulations we are modelling much more complex worlds with many variable and scenario branches. Actually, ability to manage complex branches is what makes our software rather unique.
... And any kind of statistics
We mean it. While your employees use our simulations, we record all their moves and then we can put it into any kind of analytical data. Be it general spreadsheats on overall personnell behavior, or personal scenario pathways - just name it and we'll provide it. No extra cost.